- Why did you join Dakotah! Sport and Fitness?
Fitness is a central part of my life and having something so close to where we live takes all the excuses out of the equation.
- How long have you been a member?
7 years now, ever since we moved to Prior Lake.
- What do you like best about Dakotah! Sport and Fitness?
I really appreciate the group fitness classes & instructors. It’s a great community. I also enjoy the steam room - when it’s open. Also, if you don’t love LaVonne at the front desk, you’ve got a screw loose.
- What area(s) of the club do you use?
Several – I love group fitness classes in the gym with all the space. Yoga = yes please. I’ll use the weight room floor & track sometimes. Did I mention the steam room? Top it off with a juice at the ReFresh Bar and your day can’t go wrong. My 3 young boys also love to shoot hoops in the gym, and hopefully will move on to other training & exercise options here someday.
- What are your fitness or health goals and how is Dakotah! Sport and Fitness helping you attain them?
I just try to make exercise a part of my daily routine. Life is so much better after a good sweat. Dakotah! makes it all possible by being friendly, approachable, clean, & challenging.
- Any tips for current or prospective members?
Start slow, build slow, stick with it. Say “Hi” to LaVonne, try a steam, treat yourself to a juice, have a workout buddy, squeeze it in, do whatever you have to do to keep your heart rate up for 30 minutes every day.
- Do you have a personal motto you’d like to share?
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re probably right.”