Skip to content
- Why did you join Dakotah! Sport and Fitness?
I joined in March 1996, because I had such pain in my knees that I could hardly walk. A friend suggested water aerobics (which I had never heard of), and that is when I joined Dakotah! Sport and Fitness.
- How long have you been a member?
- What do you like best about Dakotah! Sport and Fitness?
Two things I like best are the warmth and friendliness of those who work there, and the lovely, warm pool that is suitable for people with arthritis, because they keep the temperature between 84-86 degrees.
- What area(s) of the club do you use?
I use the pool mostly, but also the walking track in the winter.
- What are your fitness or health goals and how is Dakotah! Sport and Fitness helping you attain them?
When I joined Dakotah! Sport and Fitness, I had just completed graduate school at the University of Minnesota. At 52 years old, that was special to me, but I could not participate in the graduation ceremony because my knees were so bad. After a couple of months of water aerobics, the pain let up, and I was able to resume most of my daily activities, including my job teaching. My knees held up for 14 more years before I had them replaced. Thank you Dakotah! Sport and Fitness, for your beautiful facility and for your water aerobics program!
- Any tips for current or prospective members?
Stick to your exercise goals! Make good use of this great facility!
- Do you have a personal motto you’d like to share?
Every day is a miracle. Live it fully.