- Why did you join Dakotah! Sport and Fitness?
I originally joined Dakotah! Sport and Fitness to work on getting in better physical condition. I'd struggled with high cholesterol and a little added weight. Being a coach, maintaining agility and strength is important. My girlfriend joined me in our workouts a couple of years ago, and it's a great activity that we can do together.
- How long have you been a member?
Since January 7, 2002. 17 years!
- What do you like best about Dakotah! Sport and Fitness?
The variety of workouts. You can do group fitness, free weights, machines, and treadmills. Also, I like that they offer coffee in the lobby after workouts.
- What area(s) of the club do you use?
The pool, sauna, and steam room are all great to relax after a workout. My son played hockey as a youth, so we were familiar with the ice rink as well.
- What are your fitness or health goals and how is Dakotah! Sport and Fitness helping you attain them?
After retiring, I had time to up my workouts to 4-5 days per week. Theresa (my girlfriend) joined with me recently too and we are focused on healthy living and staying fit.
- Any tips for current or prospective members?
This is a great facility and more personal than some of the other fitness centers. Enjoy the flexibility in the workouts you want, Dakotah! Sport and Fitness offers a great variety!
- Do you have a personal motto you’d like to share?
Take care of your body, it will help take care of everything else that’s important in your life.