- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 8 ounces uncooked tortellini pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet. Add in onion and cook until fragrant. Then, add fresh tomato and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, vegetable stock, and spinach to the skillet and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until spinach is slightly wilted. Remove from heat and cover with a lid.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse.
- Add tortellini to the skillet with spinach and tomato sauce. Stir pasta and sauce together and warm on medium-low heat. Transfer pasta to a bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan and a drizzling of olive oil. Enjoy!