- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 pineapple, sliced and grilled
- Bell peppers, to taste preference
- 1/2 red onion, chopped in 1-inch sections
Homemade teriyaki marinade
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions - Teriyaki Marinade
- Combine all ingredients of the homemade teriyaki marinade in a in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 3-4 minutes and then remove to cool.
- Marinate chicken for a few hours prior to cooking (or overnight for best results).
Directions - Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- After the chicken has marinated for a few hours, thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating with pineapple, bell peppers, and red onion.
- Fire up the grill to medium heat and cook each skewer for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until its internal temperature reaches 165 ° F.
- Transfer the skewers to a plate and drizzle with the remaining marinade, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with steamed rice.